Monday, May 21, 2012

Present Continuous Tense

Present Continuous:
Subjek + to be (am/is/are) + (Verb+ing)
Kita menggunakan Present Continuous Tense ini untuk menunjukkan sebuah kejadian yang saat ini sedang/masih berlangsung.
Contoh:
- Please don't make so much noise. I'm studying
- Let's go out now. It isn't raining anymore.
Kita juga menggunakan Present Continuous Tense untuk kejadian yang masih/sedang berlangsung, meski tidak harus selalu terkait dengan si pembicara.
Contoh:
- Have you heard about Tom? He is building his new house.

Penggunaan selanjutnya adalah pada situasi yang sedang berubah.
Contoh:
- The population of the world is growing very fast

Contoh soal: Pilih mana kalimat yang benar!
1. "What are you talking about?" "I talk about the last night football match."
2. "I am very hungry, let's get some snack." "Sorry, I am fasting."
3. Please be quiet! I try to concentrate.
4. He is still ill but he gets better slowly.
5. I do my jobs now, don't ever disturb me!
6. When you are busy, I am waiting for you to finish your job.
7. I am sleeping when you came last night.
8. are you doing your homework last night?

0 komentar:

Post a Comment